Chemistry Syllabus
Ben Sebreros
| Date | Modules Discussed | Practice and Review Problems (Textbook) Due in Class on Date Listed |
| 9/30/11 | Class Introductions Course Outline Measurements and Units (Module 1) | Pg. 35 Review Questions (1-10) in Module #1 Pg. 36 Practice Problems (1-10) |
| 10/14/11 | Review Module 1 Energy, Heat, and Temperature (Module 2) | Pg. 67 Review Questions (1-10) in Module #2 Pg. 68 Practice Problems (1-10) |
| 10/28/11 | Review Module 2 Atoms and Molecules (Module 3) | Pg. 97 Review Questions (1-10) in Module #3 Pg. 98 Practice Problems (1-10) |
| 11/11/11 | Review Module 3 Classifying Matter and Its Changes (Module 4) | Pg. 131 Review Questions (1-10) in Module #4 Pg. 132 Practice Problems (1-10) |
| 11/25/11 | No Class Thanksgiving Break | |
| 12/2/11 | Review Module 4 Counting Molecules and Atoms in Chemical Equations (Module 5) | Pg. 161 Review Questions (1-10) in Module #5 Pg. 162 Practice Problems (1-10) |
| 12/16/11 | Review Module 5 Stoichiometry (Module 6) | Pg. 198 Review Questions (1-10) in Module #6 Pg. 199 Practice Problems (1-10) |
| 1/13/11 | Review Module 6 Atomic Structure (Module 7) | Pg. 245 Review Questions (1-10) in Module #7 Pg. 246 Practice Problems (1-10) |
| 1/27/11 | Review Module 7 Molecular Structure (Module 8) | Pg. 283 Review Questions (1-10) in Module #8 Pg. 284 Practice Problems (1-10) |
Changes in Syllabus
This syllabus may change depending on the needs of the class. I will send you an updated copy if I feel I need to make changes.
Read Modules before Class Period
Because we only have 1 hour each class period I would appreciate you coming prepared to class by reading the chapter before we plan to introduce it. This will be a good time for you to write down questions you have about what you are reading and bring them to class so we can discuss them. This does not mean you need to spend hours reading the chapter and trying to understand it before you come to class, this is to just simply be familiar with the concepts we will be discussing. I will help you understand and learn it during the class period.
In Class Activities
It is important to come to class prepared so we have time to do our in class activities. We will often do experiments and worksheets. I will give you plenty of notice if materials are required for experiments.
Homework Assignments
Please do your homework assignments on a clean sheet of paper. There will be times when we discuss the problems as a class, and there will be times when I will collect them and grade them after class. Please remember to write neatly and give clear answers so I can grade them properly.
Extra Help
If you need help with homework, please contact me (nights are best if you call) and I’ll be happy to answer your questions. If you call and I don’t answer please leave a voicemail and I will reply as soon as possible.
801.850.7390
No comments:
Post a Comment